tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Friday, February 22, 2008

johnny cash's birthday celebration at the fender museum

Starting tonight for the next three days, there is a big birthday bash for Johnny Cash at the Fender Museum in Corona California. There is a band called "Cash'd OUt" performing.... hhhmmmmmm......... there is a guitar pull led by Mike Horan; there is a Q and A session with Cindy Cash and JOhn Carter Cash; there is a presentation about the Johnny Cash TV ABC show; movie and video screenings; contests, costumes, awards and more!!!
His birthday is really the 26th- but I try to stay around the date with my events..... He would be 76 this year.

One more day till our event here in little ol' Parkersburg. The "wintry mix" is playing havoc on folks since last night- but mostly sloppy now. Tomorrow night (Sat. Feb. 23rd) - 8 pm, $5 donation at the door; good music, prizes, good fellowship. HOpe to see you there, bring a friend, etc. etc.

1 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger Isorski said...

Sounds like that Cash bash is killer. Maybe next year! I made a Cash birthday post yesterday and also reviewed his autobiography on my blog if you are interested. You may need to scroll down to see it all. http://isorski.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home