tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Willie P. Bennett died

Willie P. Bennett, a great side man to Fred eaglesmith died over the weekend. I read this in the Greg Brown chat room site, from a solid contributor to that site. I will cherish fond memories of the several shows I've seen of Fred's and Willie's contribution. The highlight being that show up at the Purple Fiddle in the coldest day of the year up in the mountains, and willie and the crew hustling the equipment in from the ancient bus; and their good natured way. Willie sure could re-string Fred's guitar quickly, barely missing a beat. Saw him join Greg Brown on harmonica (if I recall) at the Nelsonville (Hock Hocking folk festival) too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home