tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Johnny Cash benefit tonight

Contrary to some discussions, no, Johnny Cash is not himself playing in Parkersburg tonight. And JOhnny Carson is not coming to Parkersburg tonight either. (That was one of my calls.....) So I guess I do not make myself clear enough sometimes.
But we do promise a jolly time if you come out to the Wheel House tonight around 8 pm to hear some local musicians play tribute to Johnny Cash with sets of songs. I will be making the line up on the spot, depending on who wants to play when, and how I think it will flow best. I will have a decent group of door prizes and contest prizes. People don't tend to care for my contests too much- clamoring for more music, but I just feel compelled to work them in.
$5 donation at the door; but I would really appreciate some generosity - its for a great cause- I will have t-shirts for sale, $10. I don't have a raffle worked up yet for 2008, so am open to suggestions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home